On Site Fire Protection
Effective March 23rd 2020 On Site Fire Protection will be taking the following steps to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, and protect the health of our Staff and Customers
- Suspension of all field services. We will be halting all on-site inspections and repairs to prevent our staff from contracting the virus while on site, or unknowingly spreading it to our clients facilities.
- Reduction of service center operations. Staff at our service center will be reduced to a single staff member to eliminate chance of transmission between staff.
- Implementing Swap-And-Go service for extinguisher maintenance. To reduce the number of potential contacts, service center customers are encouraged to accept an equivalent recently serviced fire extinguisher in exchange for their own when a Recharge, 6yr maintenance, Hydro-Test, or Repair is required.
- Reduced operating hours. Service center operating hours are to be reduced to 10:00-3:00 Monday-Friday.
- Mandatory sanitizing of hands for anyone entering the service center. Sanitizer stations are in place at entrances. Door knobs and other commonly touched surfaces are to be sanitized daily.
- Limited pick-up/delivery service at client sites will be available between 8:00-10:00 and 3:00-5:00
- Mandatory sanitizing of hands for technicians performing pick-up/delivery at every stop.
- Emergency Callouts for Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler issues may be possible, subject to technician availability. On Site Fire Protection has existing relationships with subcontractors who may be used to address emergency situations if our in-house technicians are not available.
These measures will be in place indefinitely, and requirements will be adjusted as the situation requires. We do not anticipate the resumption of regular operations before April 6th at the earliest.
One Call - Complete Protection
Simplify your fire safety maintenance program with a single point of contact. Our in-house technicians can service:
All building and system inspections include a detailed inspection report ensuring you have an accurate history of your compliance with Fire, Building, and OHS Codes and insurance requirements. Our local service area includes the greater Edmonton Metro region, including: Nisku, Leduc, Acheson, Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, St. Albert, Fort Saskatchewan, and Sherwood Park. Remote site service is available at an additional cost.
On Site Fire Protection started out with one technician and a mobile shop. Today we continue to offer on site maintenance of most fire extinguishers. Well suited to remote sites in general, our mobile shop can also ease the logistics of performing maintenance on large numbers fire extinguishers in any setting ranging from industrial facilities to high rise office buildings. Whether dealing with a handful of Cartridge Operated units at a remote gas plant, or dozens of Hydro-Static tests, performing maintenance on site can remove much of the hassle of keeping your safety equipment up to date.
Our high volume extinguisher service center on Wagner Road is set up to make life easier for the construction and industrial markets. If your Safety or Logistics departments can batch extinguishers into crates or palletized lots, we can take care of the rest. Either deliver with your preferred shipper, or let one of our techs stop by with a pick-up truck. Our 'all-in' maintenance rates are easy to understand, and capped repair rates will keep you from spending more on maintenance than you would on a replacement.
Volume rates are available for Fire Extinguisher inspections at our main service center on Wagner Road as low as $5 each, with cost control price caps for maintenance and repair. If you've got palletized or crated batches of fire extinguishers requiring service, this is the maintenance program for you. Conditions apply. See the flyer or call for details.
As primarily a service company, most regular service calls are booked within days. We do not perform the design/build work that ties up most Fire Alarm and Fire Sprinkler contractors for weeks or months at a time. Small jobs can usually be scheduled with under a week lead time, and clients not requiring a firm booking time can usually be squeezed in between jobs much sooner. Small businesses that bring in a couple extinguishers can normally be serviced in a couple minutes while they wait.
Have a problem with your current equipment and facilities? Maybe a new installation or renovation going in? On site Fire Protection is more than just inspections and maintenance. Our people have the right resources, working knowledge of applicable Code, good relationships with local authorities, and an ear to the ground for the latest and greatest technologies. If you have a problem related to Health & Safety, then we want to help you solve it.